admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:12
admin says

Cement mills Question 1

My Company is planning to install a New Cement Grinding Plant with a capacity of 150tph, The Supplier is insisting to have separate mill ventilation bag filter, and the separator fines to be collected through another bag filter. My idea is to have only one bag filter in common while mill ventilation duct is connected to a static grit separator before this bag filter, and the separator fines are collected through a cyclone collection. I understand the advantages and disadvantages of both systems but what I'm not able to understand is why they are insisting on this.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Cement mills

I also don't know the reason why the supplier is insisting on two bag filters. There are many cement mills operating with a single filter and a circuit layout similar to the one you envisage. If you refer the supplier to me I might be able to understand their reasoning. At this stage I cannot.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Cement mills Question 2

What would be the recommended ball charge and combination to produce masonry cement at 6000 cm2/g. the component percentage are clinker= 50 per cent, limestone=45 per cent, gypsum=5 per cent. I tried researching on this, but the suggested ball charge and combination would always refer to OPC at 3000-3200cm2/g. We are still in the process of rehabilitating an old cement mill, and except for the ball charge, the mill internals are in good condition. What frequency of axial tests would you recommend? We intend to start the tests at 85 per cent ball charge.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Cement mills

I am not surprised that you could not find what you were looking for by research. You will have to find the optimum ball charge for your particular mill making this masonry cement by a series of axial tests while charging the mill to 100 per cent media loading. The only thing you can predict is that you will need a much smaller overall ball charge due to the high fineness you require and the easy grindability of the limestone. I would start the axial tests at a lower filling degree. Probably 60 per cent. If you leave it to 85 per cent you might not be able to correct the total charge to the optimum with the remaining 15 per cent.