admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:13
admin says

Cement storage Question 1

I am working for a ready-mix concrete co. in Saudi Arabia. I'll appreciate to know of any procedure to cool cement while in silos. The ambient temperature is above 45 degrees centigrade.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Cement storage

The only way to cool cement in silos would be to aerate the cement via airslides or pads in the bottom of the silo. The silo would have to be provided with these aeration devices and with an ambient temperature of 45 degrees C would not be particularly effective. I imagine you are having problems with rapid setting of the concrete. The most effective means at your disposal would be to use mixing water which was just above freezing point. That will be much easier to accomplish than cooling the cement or aggregates.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Cement storage Question 2

We are looking for a non-contacting level measurement device that will work on finished cement storage silos, on homogenizing silos and on clinker storage bins. The largest silos are 38m high and 10m in diameter. It is required that the level is measured continuously and in all conditions, also during filling when a lot of dust is formed. In total we need 21 units and all will be connected to a PLC via 4 to 20 mA or fieldbus.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Cement storage

I believe Endress & Hauser with their ultrasonic and time domain reflectometer technologies would be the people to help you out.