admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:36
admin says

Shaft kilns Question 1

I used to be in Africa and was involved in helping a local factory with a production of 1000tpd. However in my opinion this was too much. I would thus like to know which is the cheapest option of setting up a smallest cement factory in the Central African region.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Shaft kilns

The cheapest option to set up a cement factory in Africa would probably to use shaft kiln technology. However it depends what you mean by cheap. With a shaft kiln you will save on the kiln technology compared with a rotary kiln but you will still have all the costs for quarrying, crushing grinding and packing. It will still cost millions of dollars.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Shaft kilns Question 2

The NCB (National Council for Cement & Building Materials) in India publishes a number of Technology Digests, Monographs & Research Bulletins. At least 10 of these relate to vertical shaft kiln technology. Unfortunately I can't tell you which is the best. I would pick either Technology Digest 25, "CRI vertical shaft kiln mini cement plant technology", or Technology Digest 32, "CRI modern vertical shaft kiln cement plants".

admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:37
admin says

Re: Shaft kilns

I am interested in a good book for the vertical shaft kiln for cement technology. Can you help me for this? Thank you.