alberto
2 posts
TimePosted 17/07/2007 22:35:13
alberto says

ground petcoke transport

I would like to know if there is some experience in transporting ground petcoke in bulk trucks over rather long distances (more than 100 km). If it is so, what kind of trucks are needed and if there is any safety issue involved. The coke should be ground to the required fineness for burning in a cement kiln (i.e. 4 % +90 microns).

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 30/07/2007 14:40:10

Re: ground petcoke transport

There is always a danger of explosions with finely ground coal in air. This danger is lessened for petroeum coke due to its lower volatile content. However, how will the finely ground pet coke be loaded into the tankers and discharged from the tankers? This sounds to me to be a risky proposition.

alberto
2 posts
TimePosted 31/07/2007 13:28:25
alberto says

The coke should be loaded with a system similar to the one used for loading bulk cement (a loading spout with dedusting) and it should be discharged by pneumatic conveying. I've heard that in Germany this procedure is applied to transport coke for long distances but I don't have precise information about the users.

AtillaZ
3 posts
TimePosted 19/08/2009 15:36:04
AtillaZ says

Transport of grinded coal or pet coke certainly needs to have ex proof equipments.

When there is oxygen and closed area, there is a potential explosion risk.

Please check Atex regulations.