Cement man
22 posts
TimePosted 13/11/2008 19:11:52

Mill Damring

hi; Our raw mill is 200 t/h vertical mill, and it was running with high efficiency till few months back when the damring start damaging from time to time by the mill rollers(damaged 2 time). Is there any one can share me his experience in this subject?

Thanks  

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 14/11/2008 05:09:01
Raj Sahu says

Re: Mill Damring

Function of damring is to maintain material bed height in grinding table.It is unlikely that rollers could damage the damring.There is possibility of damage of damring by some foreign hard material.You may check functioning of your metal detector or magnetic separator in upstream of VRM.

Regards,

R.M.Sahu

Nael
72 posts
TimePosted 26/11/2008 09:57:11
Nael says

Hey;

i don't agree  with you mr. Sahu because the main reason of damaging the damring is the mill rollers, when the roller touch the damring it cause damaging of it. The roller may touch the ring when it bend from its position and cause high vibration due to:

1. Fine material

2. Sudden cut of material due to several reasons and problems

3. Non maintained material bed ( especially starting up of the mil)

4. Operating the mill in bad way ( it is the main reason of high vibration in my opinion)

Best Regard

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 27/11/2008 05:06:37
Raj Sahu says

Dear Mr.Nael,

I strongly disagree with your answer.Any comments from other technical forum viewer.