Tatiana
2 posts
TimePosted 31/03/2009 08:54:13
Tatiana says

Cement Market

Please, advice me some sourses to learn more about cement industry.

I need information about the nature of cement prices. I need it for my diploma paper.

I can not find the folloving information:

How are the world cement prices settled?

Who are the main players in world cement market?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

john-gtt
10 posts
TimePosted 31/03/2009 20:01:12
john-gtt says

Re: Cement Market

just to give you some idea, the cement price is setteled by demand and offer, this is what ive seen in real market not in internet deals.

the cement final price is also seteled by clinker cost + energy cost + packaging and milling cost, more than this is governemental decision or market decision the demand and offer

This is my personal idea, and will really like to have better idea and more explained

Tatiana
2 posts
TimePosted 01/04/2009 08:33:09
Tatiana says

Thank you!!! )))))

I actually think the same, but maybe there is special  forum of the world largest cement producers where prices are settled?

or maybe one company is a price leader and others take its prices as given?

john-gtt
10 posts
TimePosted 01/04/2009 14:45:59
john-gtt says

http://www.holcim.ch/gc/CH/uploads/Preisliste2009_frz_low.pdf

just for information, HOLCIM cement prices, as you can see Known companies as LAFARGE, HOLCIM, ITALCEMENTI... dont sell only cement but they include the cost of their know name, actually best prices are from Pakistain, China and Turkey., and Turkey is better because they can provide all european standards and certification.