Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 29/05/2009 06:40:05
Raj Sahu says

Clinker grindability

What will be the expected effect of clinker free lime and alite & belite average grain size(micron) on clinker grindability or Bond's work index?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Davo
44 posts
TimePosted 30/05/2009 14:22:21
Davo says

Re: Clinker grindability

Dear Raj Sahu

The higher free lime the easier is grinded clinker. It is well known that large alite and belite crystals i.e. hard burning causes poor grindability of portland cement clinker.

Regards

Davit

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 01/06/2009 04:22:20
Raj Sahu says

Mr.David,

Could you explain logic behind your replied perception? Ono method of  clinker characteristics ranked that clinker belite size 25-40micron as excellent clinker and 5-10 micron as poor clinker.I would also like to know views of other forum members.  

Davo
44 posts
TimePosted 02/06/2009 17:56:55
Davo says

Mr. Sahu. 

The Ono version depends on wether there are belite clusters in clicker or not. As I know belite formation in clusters (even with smaller crystals) will make clinker harder to grind compared to clinker with well-distributed individual crystals. If the raw meal is well mixed and there are no large quartz grains in meal, the belite cluster formation is less probably.

I can point you the enother case when clinkers' belite crystals are:                            1) well distributed but  5-10 microns (a little underfired clinker)                                 2) also well distributed in 25-40 microns.                                                           What you think which of the clinkers, in equal conditions  easy to grind? And what Ono wrote about the case?