hongminh
44 posts
TimePosted 03/06/2009 14:43:54
hongminh says

kiln speed

dir sir

please hepl me about the documentation of kiln speed. i try a few day to test the influential of kiln speed on kiln filling degree and the influential of kiln speed on the quality of clinker.

thanks alot!!!!

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 04/06/2009 08:43:58

Re: kiln speed

Considerations of kiln speed and kiln filling degree originate from the days of long kilns where the residence time of the material might be measured in hours. In those cases the impact of a change in feed rate would not be felt in the burning zone for many hours. With a modern precalciner kiln other considerations have to be taken into account. My personal experience is that the kiln speed should be kept at maximum with a precalciner kiln, irrespective of the feed rate. The most important consideration being to combine the free lime formed in the precalciner into the clinker minerals as quickly as possible before the free lime has time to stabilse.

hongminh
44 posts
TimePosted 04/06/2009 09:44:35
hongminh says

esp. thanks to Michael.

May be you didn't understand my question. My considerations of kiln speed and kiln filling degree originate from the testing about clinker quality. I want to know that how to distinguish between clinker had "fast burned" and "slow burned" and clinker properties when i had to operate follow that method ( fast - slow burned). Beside, i have consideration to power consumption, heat consumption and kiln load and cooler load also.

My factory designed by Polysius. The preheater with two strings, 5 stages, precaciner. Kiln capacity 4000tpd. kiln diameter 4.6m, kiln long 70m.

I have been know evreything you had replied to me but i want to known you can sharing your documentation about kiln speed and your experience

Please reply to me as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 04/06/2009 12:47:28
Raj Sahu says

Belite graine sizes vary considerably depending on kiln RPM and retention time of material in the burning zone.Small belite size (5-10micron) indicates short retention time than the desired retention time of clinker in the burning zone above 1400 deg cent.Alite grain size depends on rate of heating.Optimum filling level (13-14%) will facilitate better heat transfer between hot gas and material ,which is desired.