xxxx
239 posts
TimePosted 08/09/2009 12:13:25
xxxx says

preheater fan optimisation

Dear Sir

what is the relation between preheater fan power variation with prehaeter draft increase/decrease.

what is the relation of kiln feed to preheater fan power consumption

what is the relation with kiln feed to preheater draft

what is the relation with feed with preheater fan flow

what is the relation with preheater exit temperature with feed rate.

regards

rajesh 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Er.Hussaini
41 posts
TimePosted 08/09/2009 16:16:57

Re: preheater fan optimisation

I Can answer few of them

1Q relation between preheater fan power variation with prehaeter draft increase/decrease?

1 Ans: Power is proportional to  diffrence in static pressure, Hence power increases with preheater draft increase and vice versa.

5Q:what is the relation with preheater exit temperature with feed rate?

5 Ans: As we increase kiln feed rate, intensity of gas temperature lessens hence density of gases increases consequently preheater fan power increases and vice versa.

3Q what is the relation with feed with preheater fan flow?

3Ans: As feed to kiln is increased it adds more and more resistance to the flow consequently increasing pressure drop hence power decreases and flow decreases.

I Hope i am right. and i think that your  2 , 3 and 4th question are more are less the same.

Jojo
6 posts
TimePosted 14/10/2009 16:57:02
Jojo says

Re: preheater fan optimisation

1. If you increase the draft in the preheater the fan power will increase because they are directly proportional.

2. If you increase the kiln feed, the fan power will increase but it will hit you two things. One is the increase of dust in the system will affect the pressure profile and second is the increase in the gas volume because part of the kiln feed will turn to CO2 that will be handled by the fan. So, the fan has to speed up to handle these changes and therefore increases the fan power.

3. If kiln feed is increased, the more you put restriction / barries across the preheater. The preheater exit pressure will definitely goes up and that pull the ph fan power up.

4. The higher the feed, the higher the fan flow (as explained in 2).

5. If kiln feed rate is increased, the ph exit temperature will go down.