babli
41 posts
TimePosted 17/05/2010 15:22:19
babli says

Kiln Control

Hey I am new to the cement industry so please help me.

If i increase the Kiln speed by keeping all other parameters constant what will be its effect on the Back end temperature.

In the books it is written that temporarily, the BET, BZT & Oxygen will decrease and then they will pick up as the the filling degree in the kiln is reduced.

My Question is if at all BET decreases then how much it should decrease when compared to BZT and why it decreases in the begininng and then picks up later on

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 18/05/2010 09:47:34

Re: Kiln Control

I think that the response to such a change in the process would be kiln specific. Nobody can say by how much the back end temperature would decrease without knowledge of the specific kiln. If it were to decrease it might be due to the initial increase of load into the burning zone absorbing thermal energy from the main burner flame.

babli
41 posts
TimePosted 19/05/2010 04:13:29
babli says

Thank you very much

I have another question in hand

if I keep all other parameters like Kiln speed, fuel rate and Kiln draft constant by increasing the feed rate what will happen to the gas draft after the  first cyclone and fan power? Will they increase or decrease and why?

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 20/05/2010 10:07:48

If the kiln process is in equilibrium then if you increase the feed rate only the draft will fall as more CO2 from calcination will be formed. The preheater temperatures will fall as more feed encounters a lower specific volume of exhaust from the kiln. Eventually the kiln itself will cool as the feed is less prepared as it enters from the preheater. Free lime in clinker will rise and less C3S formation will accelerate the cooling of the kiln, which will eventually black-out as the temperature falls to below that required for C3S formation.