Dastgir
108 posts
TimePosted 12/08/2010 04:49:56
Dastgir says

transition zone

Dear All,

Burning zone and calcining zones are literally clear. But what about transition zone. What is " transition" here. Moreover, what is basic difference between lower and upper transition zone.

Kind Regards,

Gulam Dastgir

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 12/08/2010 07:08:40

Re: transition zone

Dastgir:

Burning zone and calcining zones are literally clear. But what about transition zone. What is " transition" here. Moreover, what is basic difference between lower and upper transition zone.

Hi Dastgir,

Basically, the transition zones are the areas of little or no coating that lie either side of the main sintering zone. The lower transition zone lies closest to the kiln outlet whereas the upper transition zone lies immediately above the sintering zone. Because these two zones are essentially coating free, Mag-spinel bricks are normally used these days to resist premature wear.

Regards,

Ted.

Dastgir
108 posts
TimePosted 12/08/2010 16:48:05
Dastgir says

Dear Ted,

That's ok. What i am really interested in is that why it is transition zone. Why is it called transition zone. there would be something behind this terminology.

Regards,

Gulam Dastgir

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 13/08/2010 03:11:50

Dastgir:
What i am really interested in is that why it is transition zone. Why is it called transition zone. there would be something behind this terminology.

I am taking a guess here but I imagine that these two essentially coating-free areas are called transition zones because they are transitional to and from the area of maximum coating (sintering zone).

Regards,

Ted.