Raw Mix study
Dear All ,
Just I want to know , what is the typical steps of making raw mix study in a certain cement plant because the way of making the raw mix study vary from company to anther based on the philosophy
Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.
Re: Raw Mix study
electron1539:Just I want to know , what is the typical steps of making raw mix study in a certain cement plant because the way of making the raw mix study vary from company to anther based on the philosophy
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by a "raw mix study". Could you explain that a little more please? Do you mean a kiln mass balance, or a raw mix optimization?
Re: Raw Mix study
electron1539:I mean Raw mix optimization study
Okay, there are several reasons why a raw mix optimisation might be required;-
1. Change in customer requirements (cement chemical targets -> clinker chemical targets, mortar & concrete strength targets)
2. Changes in quality or availability of raw materials or fuel (quality of quarry deposit, new or alternative correctives, alternative fuels and materials, raw material availability)
3. Equipment constraints (weighfeeder capacities)
4. Optimisation of kiln performance (raw mix burnability, liquid phase/coating index (liquids quantity/viscosity eg silica and alumina ratio.), reduction of kiln feed chemical variations (eg cross-belt PGNAA analyser, on-line quality control software, blending / homogenisation )
5. Reduction in costs (reduction in costly correctives/fuels, use of waste materials)
Are you specifically interested in one of these? That is, what do you hope to achieve from the raw mix optimisation and what are the drivers / constraints for you?