Dr. Zoey
11 posts
TimePosted 02/09/2010 13:30:07
Dr. Zoey says

Clinker nodulization

Theory of the clinker nodulization (according to FLS training), indicate that the reasons for fine clinker and subsequent dusty conditions center around the  length of the liquid zone of the  kiln.

A small liquid zone results in fine clinker and is typically characterized by very fast C3S reactions.;

1. Hight Burning Zone temperatures

2. Very High Liquid phase

3 Low SR

4. Low AR

5, High LSF

This I understand, however, from time to time kilns produce very large clinker. I also overhear from local technocrats  that this is as a result of a very hot kiln. Now, a hot kiln should produce fine clinker, not coarse clinker?

What are your thoughts? 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

ILA
49 posts
TimePosted 02/09/2010 21:09:15
ILA says

Re: Clinker nodulization

Dear Zoey

If dust content is high it will be noticed that the radiant heat transfer is bieng greatly blinded by the dust . One of the reason for dust build up maybe insufficient sintering , this occur its consequences can be magnified by too little heat in the final area of sintering zone . just in this case its advisable to shorten the flame and increase the fuel feed . ( you have to but that in your mind short flame needs a very good and sufficient crust or coat on the refractories )

Regards

ILA

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 06/09/2010 05:04:29

Dr. Zoey:
This I understand, however, from time to time kilns produce very large clinker. I also overhear from local technocrats  that this is as a result of a very hot kiln. Now, a hot kiln should produce fine clinker, not coarse clinker?

What are your thoughts? 

Hi Zoey, 

There are many factors that influence clinker nodulisation.. burning zone temperature is only one.

However, all else being equal, higher temperatures reduce liquid phase viscosity and surface tension. In turn, low liquid phase viscosity and surface tension promote finer clinker.

So, I would think that high temperature alone would not promote large clinker unless there is some other indirect mechanism unrelated to clinker nodulisation, such as snowman formation and consequent breakup in the cooler or even ring material or coating falling out periodically.

Regards,

Ted.

dutta
7 posts
TimePosted 28/09/2010 06:32:21
dutta says

Dear Dr. Zeoy,

can you send me the theory of the clinker nodulization... i wish to know about the formation of fine clinker..

my mail id :     debabrata.dutta1@gmail.com

thanking you..

with warm regards,

debabrata dutta