dutta
7 posts
TimePosted 25/09/2010 11:33:34
dutta says

rotary kiln

respected experts, i have some questions:

1.why we do not provide the insulation upon the rotary kiln to reduce the heat loss?? 

2. any relation with the coating thickness formed inside the rotary kiln burning zone.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Dastgir
108 posts
TimePosted 25/09/2010 13:42:26
Dastgir says

Re: rotary kiln

Dear Dutta,

Though i am not an expert, but i think any insulation over the kiln will only increase shell temperature which will result deformation of kiln shell.

Thickness of coating at burning zone is dependent of many factors like liquids and hence rawmix , refractory composition,fuel being used etc.

Kind regards,

Gulam Dastgir

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 27/09/2010 02:40:13

Hello Dutta,

In addition to the reasons given above by Dastgir, there is also the need for a temperature differential between the shell and the kiln charge sufficient to form a solid coating over the bricks, once liquid phase is present.

If this temperature differential is not present or too small, little or no solid coating would protect the kiln bricks.

In effect, you have answered your first question with your second. 

Also there is another reason why insulating the kiln would not be practical. With insulation, formation of kiln shell hotspots would not be easy to see and kiln temperature scanning which is used to manage coating, ring formation and hotspots would not be possible.

Regards,

Ted. 

dutta
7 posts
TimePosted 27/09/2010 04:34:37
dutta says

dear Dastgir,

thank you for your kind reply. but then why we give the insulation over the preheater cyclone?? there also the temperature of the cyclone shell should be increased.. but we give the insulation.

with warm regards,

Debabrata Dutta