fluence sysbacip
46 posts
TimePosted 22/01/2011 14:19:12

Kiln feed flow meter

Dear experts,

i have a major problem  that out kiln feed solid flow meter is not working properly,its calibration is out with in one month.If i calibrate now with error +- 1 % next time after one month i will check it will be +-2 or even more,

our automation engr is not able to solve this problem.

Any solution will be highly appriciated.

regards,

Sheikh

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

rajeshfls
12 posts
TimePosted 22/01/2011 21:38:14
rajeshfls says

Re: Kiln feed flow meter

Make sure you have enough venting for the flow meter. If you have positive pressure , then it can show false reading.

If it is provided with a vibrator, try to reduce the OFF timer to keep the flow meter clean. 

Inspect the flow meter , whether it has any material coating on the sides. If so think of purge air to keep it clean.  

fluence sysbacip
46 posts
TimePosted 23/01/2011 06:34:26

Dear,

I have schenk solid flow meter. draft i never changed but still i have problem.i have check there is no coating and vibrator is also not provided.

regards,

Sheikh

DPM
12 posts
TimePosted 25/01/2011 17:54:11
DPM says

If everything said above didn’t help you, (which should be in most cases), try to check the motorized valve that controls the flow of materials to your schenck feeder, shut-off gate, and up to the bin. Somewhere along this line maybe your problem. Generally, when normal flow is coming from the bin, most errors occur when some build-ups form at the sides of the impact plate and/or if the unit has a lot of dust accumulation around it. It’s a normal phenomenon that is why you have to check and calibrate from time to time. Normally, errors should be between +-0.5%. But if you crossed out this, you may have to check how your feed changes based on how the valve controls the setpoint, and how it controls the feed rate with respect to the amount maintained in the kiln feed bin, and the way materials are discharged from the bin. Some systems like IBAU, control bin levels with shutter gates with min/max settings ( say at 80 – 95 tons), while others maintain bin levels constantly with motorized diverters. Whatever system you have, try to find the right parameters that suit your needs. Observe the trends of feed, valve opening, and bin level. Check/adjust your aeration underneath the bin (including the blowers), and airslide at the motorized valve (normally, we only set here about to 50 – 60 % valve position in most cases), and make sure that bin and discharge ends have just enough ventilation. Tune the PID of the motorized valve to keep the flow as constant as possible. Now do loss-in-weight analysis for correction.