Archi
11 posts
TimePosted 23/02/2011 06:33:17
Archi says

flame length and kiln shell temp

Dear all!

I have kiln with 75m, dia 5m, draft at kiln inlet -7mbar, kilnhood -1mbar. now i use coal with GCV 6300, ash cont 16%, vol matter 8%. kilnfeed lsf 102, sr 2.42, ar 1.35.

Kiln shell temp at m40 from the end goes up and i cannot control to reduce it without controling kilnfeed.

Can i change burner position? and pri, sec air, cooling air?

Experts, ple tell me the flame length exactly inside the kiln!

Thanks alot!

Regards!

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

BK
67 posts
TimePosted 25/02/2011 10:16:39
BK says

Re: flame length and kiln shell temp

Dear sir,

The length of the flame in general will be 2.5 - 3 times of kiln Diameter. By increasingthe air pressure,  burner tip velocity will be increased and consequently flamemomentum will be increased.Higher flame momentum will facilitate intimatemixing of fuel and air which lead to  short,hot and strong flame.

I think this, is use full for you. 

Regards! 

Engr.Amin
15 posts
TimePosted 25/02/2011 11:03:18
Engr.Amin says

Dear,

You have mentioned the kiln inlet draft -7mbar which is very very high and Kiln hood draft is verymuch negative. I don't know why? Another question, you are using very low VM coal can you tell us what is the residue of pulvirized coal. You have to grind the low VM coal to get the finess of half of the VM of coal (i.e upto 4% on 90micron ). One more think why you are using high LSF kiln feed, whereas the ash content are not that much high. You have to waste lot of fuel to burn this feed ot clinker. In this energy price war you have to control fuel consumption.

I hope you will consider all that and if you find any confusion please don't hesitate to contact. 

Regards,

Archi
11 posts
TimePosted 25/02/2011 12:41:11
Archi says

Thanks Experts!

Mr Amin, you mean "You have mentioned the kiln inlet draft -7mbar which is very very high and Kiln hood draft is verymuch negative", you mentioned kiln inlet draft too positive? i have preheater 5 stages double strings, offline calciner, and pressure after DOPOL is aprox -60mbar. I saw some other plants with similar structure, normaly -12mbar, my kiln inlet draft is too high, . but i dont know why. during 2 years, we operated with that pressure, and couldnt optimized it, unless preheater has been blockage. kiln hood pressure is very much negative, i know. in my guideline, only -0.1 to -0.2mbar. but this pressure alway swings, and if it is too positive, interlock may make burner off. How can i do to change it, sir?

Residue of pulverized coal on 90 mic is below 3.6%.

My heat consumption is very low, my design is 720, but now 680 with full capacity.

Regards,

Cangcuatim