Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 03/08/2011 11:53:22
Raj Sahu says

Ash fusion temperature

1.What is the significance of solid fossil fuels ash fusion temperature on kiln burning process?

2.What is the typical value of ash fusion temperature of Indonesial and South African Bituminous coal?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Vikpro
77 posts
TimePosted 03/08/2011 18:26:28
Vikpro says

Re: Ash fusion temperature

Dear Mr. Raj,

Send me following details with email Id, so I can send excel sheet.

Vikpro 

Coal Ash Composition
SiO2
Al2O3
Fe2O3
CaO
MgO
TiO2
K2O
Na2O
SO3
P2O5

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 04/08/2011 01:36:54

Hello Raj,

Sorry I can't help you with your second question, but coal having a low ash fusion temperature will increase the risk of kiln rings, particularly in and around the burning zone.

Regards,

Ted.

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 04/08/2011 19:43:18
Raj Sahu says

Dear Mr.Ted, 

As per my understanding the higher the ash fusion temperatures better will be its performance in terms of fouling and slagging in power plant boiler tubes. High alkali containing fly ashes generally do have low ash fusion temperatures.Indonesian coal which is largely used in power plants. Indonesian coal ash is generally alkali rich thereby reducing ash fusion temperature.Effect of low ash fusion temperature on pyroprocessing process is not yet comprehensively invesigated and documented.Power generataion and pyroprocessing is completely different process than cement manufacturing.In clinkering process inorganic ash is completely absorbed in clinker, whereas in thermal power plant ash produced in  thermal power generation process is as an industrial waste.I have asked the question in the forum to understand the practical experience of forum members in usage of low ash fusion temperature in cement industry.

With regards,

Raj