yadavd
31 posts
TimePosted 11/08/2011 06:50:22
yadavd says

Relation in Fineness and SO3

Dear All Can anybody help me when i increase my cement (PPC) fineness what action should be taken for SO3 and vice versa.

Regards

Dilip Yadav

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Vikpro
77 posts
TimePosted 11/08/2011 10:26:33
Vikpro says

Re: Relation in Fineness and SO3

Dear Mr. Yadav,

Cement fineness is also contributor of heat of hydration, suppose if you increase cement fineness ( OPC) for about 250 cm2/gr, roughly about 20 kj/kg heat of hydration increases. so you have to increase So3 to control setting time. ( Actually I'm a process person you can expect better explanation from quility expert)

Vikpro

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 12/08/2011 02:22:10

Hello Dilip,

If the fineness of a cement is increased significantly, then the finer C3A may require extra SO3 to retard the increased speed of C3A hydration and control setting times, maintain strengths and minimise shrinkage.  This is of particular importance with Type III portland cement, which has higher C3A content and is generally ground finer to meet higher early strength requirements.

Every situation is different, so you may have to do some laboratory or even plant trials to quantify the effect on your particular cement.

Hope this helps,

Ted.

yadavd
31 posts
TimePosted 12/08/2011 06:39:25
yadavd says

Dear Sir

But when i increase fineness than water consistency will also increase leading to increased setting time thus in that case i can not increase SO3 %

Regards

Dilip Yadav