Nikhil
2 posts
TimePosted 17/10/2014 15:56:47
Nikhil says

VRM Cyclones Uneven Gas Distribution

We are having a Loesche Mill VRM as Raw Mill with 8 Cyclones. The Cyclones are vented out by 2 ID fans of similar specifications i.e. 1 Fan each for venting out 4 cyclones. The problem which we are facing is unequal gas distribution which is coming from VRM outlet and entering into these battery of cyclones. It is seen that Fan-1 which caters to the set the of 1st 4 cyclones is handling more gas volume which is evdent by its power consumption value which in comparison to Fan-2 KW is +200 KW. Also the PSD of Fan-1 Cyclones is on the coarser side in comparion to the PSD of Fan-2 Cyclone battery which is on the finer side. Upon suggestion of FLSmidth, Baffle plate was installed in the VRM outlet Y-duct in the anticipation it will help us to distribute the gas flow equally in two batteries of cyclones but no success has been achieved. Has anybody faced a similar problem like the one mentioned by me above and if yes, then has any solution been struck ? Any valuable suggestions will be helpful.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

gks
153 posts
TimePosted 28/10/2014 16:46:53
gks says

re VRM Cyclones Uneven Gas Distribution

Dear 

Pl tell me that when you reduced fan speed of fan 1 .whether kw of fan reduced or same upto 10 % of your fan speed. or that time fan 2  KW inreased or same  at same  ouput of mill with same DP of VRM.

Gks

Dhiman SK
4 posts
TimePosted 12/06/2015 12:20:38
Dhiman SK says

re VRM Cyclones Uneven Gas Distribution

Do you have VFD in any or both the fans.