rajuram sharma
12 posts
TimePosted 21/01/2015 12:46:38

Regarding Pet Coke grinding with raw mix in raw mill

Dear Ted krapkat Sir,

Good evening.

Can we add Pet Coke with raw mix for grinding?

Will it be helpful in reduction of specific heat of our kiln system?

Is it feasible or any adverse affect on process?

Please provide your expert opinion on the subject matter.

Thanks & Regards,

Raju Sharma

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

subhash
7 posts
TimePosted 11/02/2015 09:59:04
subhash says

re Regarding Pet Coke grinding with raw mix in raw mill

It will not help to reduce sp. heat consumption  as  petcoke has very less VM . For for combustion it is grind very fine  which is not possible with raw meal

Dhiman SK
4 posts
TimePosted 12/06/2015 10:40:05
Dhiman SK says

Dear Rajuram,

First of all, The grindability of petcoke and lime stone is not compatable to each other, so grinding these two together will not help. Secondly, Petcoke fed with raw meal may create certain problems  by increasing the local temperature wherever it would burn in preheater.

In my view it may not be worthwhile at all to grind these two together.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 17/07/2015 06:14:20

Hello Rajuram,

Firstly, sorry for not responding to your question sooner but I have been out of the office on annual leave.

I agree with Subhash and Dhiman. There is not any advantage in adding petcoke to the raw meal. It will not improve the heat consumption. And as the others have noted, it is likely to have detrimental effects such as localised overheating and generation of CO in the preheater. It would be better to fire it with mixed with the coal, as long as it is ground fine enough.

Regards,

Ted.