Kandos cement works employees enjoyed their final days on-site last week but questions still remain over the future of the site.
On Thursday afternoon a spokeswoman on behalf of Cement Australia said the company was continuing discussions with government and private entities regarding future opportunities for the site.
At Wednesday’s Mid-Western Regional Council meeting, a report from the Kandos Bicentennial Industrial Museum said it would look to acquire some items from the cement works.
The decision to close Kandos cement works was made in July when 98 employees were made redundant.
The cement works closed due to many factors including the retaining of high quality, experienced professionals, the high Australian dollar, current regulation and government imposts.
The plant was also considerable distance from the market it served and was undermined by its competitiveness.