LafargeCement said on Wednesday it will respect a decision by the Administrative Court revoking the company’s environmental permit, which prohibits it from burning waste material. The Trbovlje-based plant said it had already stopped burning fuels.
This comes after Lafarge Cement was informed yesterday that the Environment Inspectorate is ordering the company to stop waste incineration in compliance with the Administrative Court’s decision.
Lafarge’s environmental permit was revoked on 17 February and sent into re-evaluation to the Environmental Agency at the Environment and Spatial Planning Ministry. However, media reports said this week that the plant was burning waste again.
Lafarge Cement said in a press release that it expects the body to make a future decision within a deadline laid down by the court.