Six cement plants received special recognition for their commitment to improving the environment and their communities at the Ninth Annual Cement Industry Environment and Energy Awards presented by the Portland Cement Association (PCA) and Cement Americas magazine at the PCA’s Spring Meeting in Chicago, April 21 2010.
Six categories recognised plants throughout the United States (listed by category, company and plant location):
• Overall Environmental Excellence: Lafarge North America Inc, Bath, Ontario
• Outreach: Holcim (US) Inc, Theodore, Ala.
• Environmental Performance: Lafarge North America Inc, Sugar Creek, Mo.
• Land Stewardship: CEMEX, Xenia, Ohio
• Innovation: Lafarge North America Inc, Tulsa, Okla.
- Energy Efficiency: CalPortland, Colton, Calif.