The Environment and Spatial Planning Ministry on Tuesday renewed the environmental permit to LafargeCement, the Trbovlje-based subsidiary of the producer for burning waste after annulling it in July. The Slovenian Environmental Agency (ARSO) issued the permit in April.
The ministry annulled the permit allowing the cement maker a combined use of secondary energy sources like waste materials together with primary sources in line with the EU Directive on Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control in July, reportedly because it had not been issued in line with all the regulations.
The Lafarge Cement management said in a press release on Wednesday that the ministry’s latest decision was a recognition to the company that it had operated in line with legislation in the past years and that it had been striving for environmentally friendly operation.
CEO Iztok Virant said he was happy that after years of legal proceedings the company’s case prevailed.