SAIL signs JV pact with Jaiprakash Associates

SAIL signs JV pact with  Jaiprakash Associates
Published: 22 February 2008

Steel Authority of India Ltd today said it has entered into an agreement with  Jaiprakash Associates to form a joint venture company to set up a cement plant in Jharkhand.  
 
The firm along with  Jaiprakash Associates would float a joint venture company to set up a cement plant for producing 2Mt of cement at Bokaro in Jharkhand, it said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.  
 
SAIL would have a 26 per cent stake in the joint venture company while the remaining 74 per cent would be with  Jaiprakash Associates.