Mexico’s Cemex takes 87.84% of Rinker

Mexico’s Cemex takes 87.84% of Rinker
Published: 06 July 2007

Cemex has acquired 87.84 per cent of  Rinker Group’s shares by the close of trade on Thursday.  
  
Cemex needs 90 per cent of Rinker for a compulsory acquisition, meaning it will automatically acquire the remaining 10 per cent of Rinker’s shares.  
 
Cemex is offering $US15.85 ($A18.55) for each Rinker share and won over key shareholder Perpetual Ltd in May.