Sunstate Cement has announced plans for a US$85m expansion to meet the growing building and infrastructure needs of Queensland’s strong economy.
Sunstate Cement is a cement milling, storage and distribution facilty located at Fisherman Islands within the Port of Brisbane. The company is a joint venture between Adelaide Brighton and Blue Circle Southern Cement.
Sunstate Cement’s expansion plans include:
• new grinding mill that will provide an additional 500,000tpa of cement capacity
• 70,000t of additional clnker storage to cater fro the increase in demand
• additional ship unloading conveyors to improve materials handling capability
• 4000t of additional cement storage via two new silos
• new fly-ash storage, handling and processing system that will greatly enhance Sunstate’s capability to supply processed fly ash cement blends.