Castle Cement wants to bury waste from its new £54m kiln in Padeswood, Buckley, rather than transport it to a site near Mold. The application is due to go before Flintshire County Council planning committee next Wednesday. But yesterday, Patrick Heesom, leader of the independent group, said he had been assured it would not be discussed until October.
Yesterday Mr Heesom said: "We had a meeting months ago with the minerals officer because we wanted to make representations about the company’s site at Cefn Mawr near Mold (where material is currently dumped) which we understand has three years to run.
"We were assured the planning application was going to the October meeting which would enable local community councils to make representations to the committee. I was quite taken aback when I heard it was going before the September meeting. It seems like sudden last minute haste."