Hawaiian Cement: final offer?

Hawaiian Cement: final offer?
Published: 18 March 2004

Hawaiian Cement submitted what officials called the company’s best and final offer to the Teamsters’ Local Union 996 on Wednesday morning, with an offer to pay 80 percent of the health and welfare premium costs. Employees would pay the remaining 20 per cent. They have no copay arrangements now.  "It’s time to end this work stoppage, get our employees back to work and start servicing our customers again," Michael Coad, vice president of Hawaiian Cement, said. Hawaiian Cement has had 67 union employees on strike since early February and has held more than 20 meetings since negotiations began in October.