Holcim acquires stake in Cementval Building Materials, Spain

Holcim acquires stake in Cementval Building Materials, Spain
Published: 02 February 2012

Tagged Under: Spain 

Holcim has acquired a 19.99 per cent of the new venture Cementval Building Materials. The remaining 80.01 per cent is in the hands of Corporation F. Turia.

The Valencian Turia Group and Holcim Spain have maintained an association of almost two years in Cementval, (51 per cent by Turia and 49 per cent by Holcim Spain) until last December

On 23 January, Holcim acquired its additional stake in the new Cementval set-up. Turia will retain control and management of Cementval, keeping Sebastian Stiffel commercial as Chairman and CEO Ramon Vazquez.

Holcim operates in Andalucia, Castille-La Mancha, Catalonia, Galicia, Madrid, Murcia and Valencia. The company has been present in Spain since 1980.

Source:  El Economista, Spain