LafargeHolcim today officially launches the new Group around the world and announces key elements of its ambitions for the future.
Following the successful completion of the merger between Lafarge and Holcim and the listing of the new LafargeHolcim shares in Zurich and Paris, the new Group will now work towards creating the highest performing company in the building materials industry, the company said in a statement.
LafargeHolcim CEO Eric Olsen says: “Now as LafargeHolcim, we will step into the next phase of our transformation to become the leader in every respect – a company that has a positive impact on the world and can make a real difference for its customers, its employees, its shareholders and society.”
Five-key focus areas
The company is initiating a strategic transformation by building on the best of both Lafarge and Holcim. The Group will now focus on five areas in the first integration phase:
• Synergies: delivering on EUR1.4bn synergy target within three years
• Capital allocation: rigorous approach to capital allocation and overall reduction of capital spending
• Commercial transformation: creating differentiation through innovative products and solutions
• Integration: creating one new group and culture
• Health and Safety: putting Health and Safety at the center of the organisation.
LafargeHolcim will be organised along a new operating model oriented to serve the local customers, while leveraging the Group’s size, footprint, and capabilities at global scale. "It combines empowered countries, regional management platforms and expertise-driven group functions," the statement added.
Presentation of results
LafargeHolcim will present the financial results of Lafarge and Holcim as standalone companies for the first half of this year on 29 July 2015. The first combined interim results of the new Group will be presented for the nine months results of 2015.