admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:37
admin says

White cement Question 1

I am presently working in a cement company in a senior management level in technical services and very much interested to know about the process involved in producing white cement based wall putty and the steps of testing its characteristics. One company here in India makes this product very successfully.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: White cement

I'm afraid I don't know the detail of how that particular company make their white cement wall putty. However, it must involve mixing the white cement with a solvent which prevents the hydration of the cement. Boiled linseed oil is commonly used with glazing putty. When applied to the walls this solvent carrier evaporates allowing the white cement to hydrate and slowly harden.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

White cement Question 2

We are white cement manufacture in India. Presently we are facing the problem in clinker-quenching problem at out let of Rotary Decoloriser (Clinker quenching cum dryer). Our plant was originally design on 100 per cent oil fired (LSHS/RFO) but currently we have replaced fuel from oil to pet coke. Now we are using 90 per cent pet coke & 10 per cent oil in kiln. Due to using the pet coke the we getting very poor clinkerisation and most of 90 per cent clinker comes in dust form and the balance 10 per cent is clinkerisation. As in Decoloriser we are having the 4 nos. water nozzles consisting of water flow control valve & flow meter for measurement of water flow. For controlling we have PID controller between steam temperature V/s flow control valve. In this PID as & when steam temperature changes corresponding the position of valve also change but after using of pet coke we observe that change of steam temp is very frequent due to dusty clinker hence we are unable to control uniform clinker temperature.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: White cement

I am familiar with the need to quench the clinker for white cement production. Also with the operation and control of such quenchers. The poor nodulisation of the clinker will be a consequence of the sulphur content of the pet coke you are using to fire your kiln. Have you tried to increase the fluoride content of the clinker to combat this effect? Regarding control of the water flow to the quencher. I would discontinue the use of the PID loop which has the steam temperature as its controlled variable and water flow control valve position as manipulated variable. The water flow can be adjusted in direct relation to the clinker production rate (feed rate) of the kiln. However, steam temperature must continue to be monitored to avoid condensation in the quencher exhaust ductwork and dust collection cyclones. The appropriate water flow for a given feed rate to the kiln must correspond with a flow that ensures the steam temperature remains above the dew point all along the exhaust gas flow path.