admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:15
admin says

Dust control Question 1

We have ESP at the kiln system. It is also used for raw mill system. System is sent ESP's feedback to kiln feeding silo. There are two homogeneous silos and two stockage silos. Material is sent from ESP to homogeneous silos. So, my question is that, I am thinking to feed the ESP's feedback directly to preheater system but this line will be entered to system after weighfeeder. We have got line to feed this material before weighfeeder but it causes to reduce of fresh feeding. In this way I want to increase clinker production with same feeding amount. What do you think?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Dust control

Your idea is a very good one. There are plants that do exactly what you propose. This has the advantage that the chemistry of the kiln feed is more stable because it is not destabilised by slugs of ESP dust being added to the homegenisation silo when the raw mill is not running. I am not sure that you will get more output but the kiln operation and clinker quality should be more stable.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Dust control Question 2

My Company is planning to install a New Cement Grinding Plant with a capacity of 150tph, The Supplier is insisting to have separate mill ventilation bag filter, and the separator fines to be collected through another bag filter. My idea is to have only one bag filter in common while mill ventilation duct is connected to a static grit separator before this bag filter, and the separator fines are collected through a cyclone collection. I understand the advantages and disadvantages of both systems but what I'm not able to understand is why they are insisting on this.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Dust control

I also don't know the reason why the supplier is insisting on two bag filters. There are many cement mills operating with a single filter and a circuit layout similar to the one you envisage. If you refer the supplier to me I might be able to understand their reasoning. At this stage I cannot.