admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:31
admin says

Raw materials Question 1

I have to ask you a question with regards to the chlorides and kiln-preheater operations. The Cl in our limestone is approx 0.003-0.007. However, I have to go down a bench in the quarry and the chlorides down there are like 0.027 based on one of the samples (the high chlorides as a result of the sea bed interface). My quarry is actually being exhausted and I am forced to go down there to buy some time till town and country planning approve new quarry lands. What we have is a VA design with a pair of 1st Stage Cyclone, one 2nd stage cyclone and three shaft stages. They went with this design as it lends itself to the least possibility of plugging. This leads me to the question....How forgiving is a shaft stage preheater?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Raw materials

I can't tell you whether your shaft preheater will forgive the higher chloride input....no-one can and that's why no-one writes it in a manual! It depends on may factors including the other kiln chemistry parameters and the way you operate the kiln. However, I appreciate you need some confidence to go forward. I suggest going ahead but make preparations to break the external alkali cycle of the kiln. That will involve taking some of the kiln dust out of the kiln. Hopefully that will be sufficient to allow the kiln to operate smoothly with the raw materials from the lower level.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Raw materials Question 2

We are interested to start a mini slag cement plant in India. We are thinking to use air cooled blast furnace slag instead of ground granulated blast furnace slag.Is it OK or not?

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Raw materials

I'm afraid its not OK to use air cooled blast furnace slag instead of granulated blast furnace slag. Air cooled slag has virtually no hydraulic properties compared with granulated slag. The air cooled slag would be better used as a supplementary raw material in cement manufacture.