YRK
3 posts
TimePosted 20/10/2008 19:33:20
YRK says

Preheater fan coating formation

Hello to everybody

ple to be answer me our plant was stopping many times for reason of preheater fan impeller coating formation because of this problem we are stopping plant 2 days for removing the coating. What are the reasons to form the coating.

Y.Ravi Kumar

UAE

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 21/10/2008 17:47:33

Re: Preheater fan coating farmation

The reason for fan impellor coating are connected with the process, i.e. the temperatures, amount of dust leaving the preheater, composition of that dust. There are various ways of coping with this problem from design of the fan and impellor to avoid coating, cleaning while operating or automatically balancing the fan to allow operations to continue despite the coating. 

Dr Michael Clark

YRK
3 posts
TimePosted 22/10/2008 19:10:51
YRK says

Thank you my dear clark for your reply

But we stopping the fan due to heavy vibrations of fan bearings and motor.after cleaning the impellor again we starting the plant. i want more clarification of the  process composition. ple tell me

YRK

Nael
72 posts
TimePosted 26/10/2008 19:46:06
Nael says

Dear YRK;

We are facing this problem from time to time and we know that the reason of this coating has close relation with the kiln outlet gas which passes through the Conditioning Tower (C.T). If you keep the setpoint of the C.T outlet gas temperature low more water from water spray nozzels will flow and you can count this as a reason of the coating. I beleive that you have problem in the C.T Water spary unit or in the outlet gas temperature.

best regard