direktor
5 posts
TimePosted 27/12/2008 23:40:43
direktor says

how do trade companies operate?

Can someone explain to me how do trade companies operate? They claim they have bought allocations in mills accross the world or special contracts with the supplier mills and are able to offer cement with prices 60-80 usd/mt CIF ASWP.  Please explain to me in details how this is possible and how such business operates? The companies really do exists and claim to have many successful deliveries and decades of history in the market. Hope comone will give me a comment soon.

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

direktor
5 posts
TimePosted 27/12/2008 23:50:59
direktor says

Re: how do trade companies operate?

Or how can they buy cement from producers at lower price then the producer has? Is this possible?

iltco
55 posts
TimePosted 29/12/2008 14:40:43
iltco says

they are only fake trader that dont have any product but use your contract or your LC to obtain credit financing.

But never will fufill the order.

All market people knows that real cement prices are arround the 75 to 90 FOB Europe.

Shipping now is cheaper but still from 15 to 50 usd/mt depending on destinations.

Than real price are easy to calculate even for new traders.

direktor
5 posts
TimePosted 30/12/2008 10:44:57
direktor says

Well I've been given a price from a Turkish cement mill 53 usd FOB Izmir port a few weeks ago for the quantity...

For Bulk Cement:

Price:53$/ton F.O.B Izmir port

Quantity:Spot shipment abt 15.000 -25.000 mt (additional quantity will be negotiated after trial shipment)

LOADING RATE : 3.000-5.000 MT/DAY SHINC / Izmir port draft is max. 9.50 m

You think this prices are real?  Can I talk to you privatelly? I'd like your opinion about a company. I'll send you a message.