Tam Nguyen
26 posts
TimePosted 29/04/2009 04:52:29

Clinker Mineralization-Optimum

Dear all,

In my plant, we are trying clinker mineralization for a few days. So far there is no problem with the kiln operations, no blockage but we still not find the optimun of clinker parameter and optimum Flouride content for this trial; freelime was also a bit high (2.0-2.5%). Can anybody share me the best performance of clinker (LS, SR, AR)? Our normal clinker LS=95.5, SR 2.50 and AR 1.45.

Thank you for your sharing.

Tam Nguyen

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Raj Sahu
198 posts
TimePosted 29/04/2009 07:29:15
Raj Sahu says

Re: Clinker Mineralization-Optimum

Best performance clinker should have free lime content in the range of 0.8-1.2%.

Cordeiro
2 posts
TimePosted 26/05/2009 20:15:23
Cordeiro says

Dear, Tam

What is the sulfate content in your clinker?? I think that fluorine must be aprox. 0,2%.

Davo
44 posts
TimePosted 29/05/2009 19:17:16
Davo says

Dear Tam, If you are using CaF2 the optimal quantity of the mineralizer is up to 0,5% and you have to chose the right quantity for your plant. You must chose the optimal values of your modulus also (it depends on your plant peculiarity and your raw material's properties) but the values you mentioned (LSF,SR,AR) is not bad. You have to do some technological operations to improve your clinkerisation process, because free lime content is really high in your clinker. From my experience for clinker activity and cement soundness the optimum content of free CaO is 0,8-1,4 and 2,5% of free lime in clinker is a real problem.

Best regards.

Davit