xxxx
239 posts
TimePosted 15/09/2010 05:08:14
xxxx says

KILN STARTUO FUEL REQUIREMENT & FLOWRATE ADJUSTMENT

HOW CAN I CALCULATE THE QUANTITY OF HSD REQUIRED FOR THE STARTUP OF A KILN WHETHER ILC/SP/SLC KILN.

WHAT FLOW RATE SHOULD BE MAINTAINED FOR THE HEAT UP?

AT WHAT TIME THE COAL FIRING BE STARTED WITH HSD?

MY KILN DIMENSIONS ARE 4.35*66 SLC(4800TPD)

& 4.35*64 SP(1700 TPD) &

3.3*50 ILC (2200 TPD).

I DO NOT HAVE ANY MEASUEREMENT FOR KILN INLET TEMPERATURE.

WHAT IS THE NORMAL FUEL CONSUMPTION INDEX FOR KILN STARTUP?

RAJ

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 16/09/2010 08:56:30

Re: KILN STARTUO FUEL REQUIREMENT & FLOWRATE ADJUSTMENT

I presume you mean diesel or gasoil by HSD? Light up burners normally supply about 5% of the normal operating thermal energy input and have a turn-down ratio of 10:1. To start up it is normal to begin with the burner at it’s minimum setting so about 0.5% of the full production heat input. The flow rate is then increased in order to follow a planned temperature rise as monitored by the kiln inlet temperature (your system is inadequate in not having this sensor). The coal firing can begin when the temperature in the burning zone is sufficiently high to ensure the ignition of the coal. You will face particular difficulties with the SLC kiln as no kiln exhaust gas is passing through the calciner. You must wait for clinker to be delivered into the cooler and the tertiary air temperature to rise sufficiently or provide light-up burners in the calciner before feed can be delivered to that preheater string.