denizhan98
10 posts
TimePosted 03/10/2011 09:22:37

How Can I calculate new ball size and weight desing for ball mill

Dear All Expert,

Our ball mill has got two compartments. But soon we will building roller press unit so, we will cancel first compartment. How can I calculate new ball desing (size and weight)? I know make calculation(formula)  for max. ball size but I dont know formula for ball size and weight design.

Regards

Deniz 

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Pankajbits45
25 posts
TimePosted 08/11/2011 13:41:14

Re: How Can I calculate new ball size and weight desing for ball mill

Dear Khan,

According to my point of view:-

1.Firstly look for the performance of roller press product then go for the mono chamber.

2.Is the roller press with the separator or not?

3.Mono chamber mill totally depend on the performance of the prigrinder. 

4.See the availability of roller press in comparision with the mill.

3.If the performance of roller press will be too good the u can run the mill only @24-26% loading with a very good out put and @ low specific energy.

4.Tonnage of grinding media u can calculate on the basis of dia.length and the filling degree of mill.

Thanks

Pankaj

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 13/12/2011 12:56:00
fjalali says

Hi,

We have a similar mill. Pregrinding with hammer crusher and mono-chamber mill. Thisis what a proposed based on literture review i did and others agree its more and less correct. But remember it all depends on your mill feed size after pregrinding.

This is the raw mill not the finish mill. So Wi should be 11 and density of 2.67 as normal kiln feed. I used d80 of 3500 micron to be on safe side and got max ball dia. of 41 mm (use 50 mm steel balls).

Ø  Ball  [mm] Percent  [%]

80   0  
70   0  
60   0  
50   13  
40   24  
30   34  
25   29  

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 13/12/2011 12:56:05
fjalali says

Hi,

We have a similar mill. Pregrinding with hammer crusher and mono-chamber mill. Thisis what a proposed based on literture review i did and others agree its more and less correct. But remember it all depends on your mill feed size after pregrinding.

This is the raw mill not the finish mill. So Wi should be 11 and density of 2.67 as normal kiln feed. I used d80 of 3500 micron to be on safe side and got max ball dia. of 41 mm (use 50 mm steel balls).

Ø  Ball  [mm] Percent  [%]

80   0  
70   0  
60   0  
50   13  
40   24  
30   34  
25   29