haliff
15 posts
TimePosted 28/08/2013 11:42:45
haliff says

Damaged Limestone Weighfeeder

Dear All,

Please I really need help on this.

Our Limestone weigh feeder totally got damaged and we can not get another one until after a year (CAPEX issue). please I need a tool that I can use for raw mix control using just the apron feeder speed.

Has anybody here faced the same problem before, if yes, how do you survive in terms of quality.

We can not shut the plant down for a year.

Thanks in advance

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 29/08/2013 06:59:22

re Damaged Limestone Weighfeeder

Hello Haliff,

Are the weighfeeders controlled by on-line analyser with automatic blending program or do you have to calculate the rawmix percentages yourself and enter them into the weigh-feeders manually via the central control system?

Regards,

Ted.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 29/08/2013 07:17:33

Hello Haliff,

It's a tough problem, but after thinking about it a bit more I propose the following;-

To control the limestone feed rate using the apron feeder speed, you will need to make sure that the limestone bin is kept roughly at the same level, so the flow out of the bin is relatively constant. You might then be able to "calibrate" the feeder speed to give a rough limestone feed rate by experimentation. ie slightly increasing and decreasing the speed to see the effect on the raw meal and back calculate a corresponding percentage feed rate from the raw meal analysis. You would have to keep the other components of the raw mix constant while you did these tests..

Alternatively, if it is possible to fill a truck(s)  from the limestone apron feeder over a timed period, you could weigh them and estimate a rough feed rate in tonnes/hr.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 30/09/2013 06:34:27

Hello Haliff,

Did you solve you limestone weighfeeder problem? I would be interested in any feedback you may have.

Regards,

Ted.