Cement Viet Nam
18 posts
TimePosted 03/12/2014 04:47:50

Stored Clinker on the Ground

Dear all !

I have a problem about "Mutated allotropic from b-C2S( beta - Belite) to y- C2S (gama- Belite) in low temperature ( below 100 degree celsius).

In my Plant, If Clinker is so much in Silo, we have to move over to the ground and Stored it more half year.                                                                                                                                 Phenomenon: The early strenght normally increase (1 & 3 days , but 28 days is dropped.        And I had tested LOI in its, it's similar to Clinker in silo ( <0.5 %) and not humid (<0.1%) and chemical composition is the same new Clinker (Silo), That mean it well-Stored.

I'm afraid it was Mutated allotropic from b-C2S( beta - Belite) to y- C2S (gama- Belite) in low temperature ( below 100 degree celsius).

Who can help me make this trouble.

Thanks!

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Arthur Harrisson
7 posts
TimePosted 05/12/2014 10:14:03

re Stored Clinker on the Ground

Gamma belite is quite rare and occurs in slowly cooled clinker (between the BZ and kiln exit) which has very few impurities (alkalis, MgO etc). The most apparent evidence is self pulverisation or dusting because the gamma transformation is accompanied by a volume increase which breaks up the clinker nodules. Was there any evidence of this?