BLM
36 posts
TimePosted 25/01/2015 13:47:42
BLM says

Clinker litre weight

Dear all,

My kiln capacity is 4500 TPD, but we are operating it at 5400 TPD. My problem is clinker litre weights are higher side i.e. > 1270 g. But I want to maintaine around 1200 g. Can any body suggest me is there any way to reduce the clinker litre weights by changing the raw mix design, if so request you to share the information.

In view of to reduce clinker litre weights I have tried by reducing kiln coal consumption in tern burning zone temperature. But when ever clinker litre weights are falling down <1250g immediately burning zone is becoming little bit dusty and blocking the secondary air entry into kiln which resulting reduction atmospere in kiln and causing to reduce the production. So I want to concentrate on raw mix design.

Regards,

BLM

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 28/01/2015 03:34:25

re Clinker litre weight

Hello BLM,

Litre weight is a very rough measure of the degree of clinkerisation in the burning zone and is normally used as a rapid test to estimate clinker free lime.  Don't you have a clinker free lime target?

Changing the rawmix to lower the clinker litre weight is likely to result in a porous, underburnt clinker, which would certainly also result in a dusty kiln..

Regards,

Ted.

BLM
36 posts
TimePosted 29/01/2015 03:35:14
BLM says

re Clinker litre weight

Dear Mr. Ted Krapkat,

Sir, first of all thank you for responding. I too agree with you that monitoring of clinker litre weight is rough method to estimate the degree of clinker quality. But we are in opinion that higher litre weights will be increase the power consumption in cement mill. More over clinker free lime is maitaining <0.80 % which is very less. Coal consumption will also come down, if I maintaine free lime around 1.5 %. This is the reason we are focusing on clinker litre weights. 

I would request you is there any way to increase the free lime from 0.80 to 1.50 % without affecting the production. Is it possible to boost the cement mill throughput by increased free lime content in clinker ?

Regards,

BLM

FMenron
3 posts
TimePosted 02/02/2015 12:17:17
FMenron says

re Clinker litre weight

Dear BLM,

I cannot answer your question but I reply your post because I would like to find a new user for my stock of heavy fuel oil. I have a stock of 3000 tons in Thailand ( FOB ~ 350 usd). I normally sell to siam cement but I would like to expand to overseas. If you are interested, please email me. We can discuss in details regards to spec, stock and commission. My email: fmenron@gmail.com