shastrib
28 posts
TimePosted 14/11/2015 21:22:32
shastrib says

proper way to take axial samples in a Raw Mill

Good Day,

I am experiencing inaccuracies when taking axial samples (crash stop) of a raw mill. Whenever i take samples after the mill has cooled i noticed alot of the fines has settled to the bottom of the charge. Can anyone tell me a proper procedure to take axial samples in a raw mill or probably what am i doing wrong.

Thanks

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

gks
153 posts
TimePosted 15/11/2015 02:01:39
gks says

re proper way to take axial samples in a Raw Mill

Dear ,

If you have have high (fine below 45 micron  (10-20 %)) reject material from separator may cover 20 % of top portion of grinding media or YOU have low filling level of grinding media.

Regards

gks

fjalali
81 posts
TimePosted 15/11/2015 12:13:49
fjalali says

ِDear shastrib,

Please see the attached pictures regarding correct way of axial sampling in a crash stop:

A few explanations:

1. Need to dig 20 cm under the top material to take samples.
  2. Do this at three points on the width of the mill ( two samples from 0.5  m from sides of the mill and one from middle) and mix them before sieve analysis
  3. Use sieve to separate balls and material but retain material lamps in the sample
  4. Take the minimum sample weight mentioned in the graph

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards;

FJalali

Attached files

shastrib
28 posts
TimePosted 19/11/2015 18:08:34
shastrib says

thanks for the replies guys but i was speaking specifically for wet slurry mills. i am familiar with taking samples in a cement mill.