Cemex Polska in alternative fuels venture, Poland

Cemex Polska in alternative fuels venture, Poland
26 April 2011

Cemex Polska and Trade have established the firm EkoPaliwa Chelm which will be responsible for the construction of a facility for the production of alternative fuel from municipal solid waste.

The fuel will be used by Cemex’s Cementownia Chelm works, covering about 30 per cent of the cement facilities energy requirements.

EkoPaliwa Chelm is scheduled to commence operations in 2012, as the construction work is expected to last until the end of 2011.  The target output is 100,000tpa of fuel and the project is part of Cemex’s long-term strategy to secure fuel supplies. The cost of the investment is estimated at EUR3-4m.
Cemex holds a 25 per cent stake in the joint-venture, while Econ Trade owns the remaining 75 per cent. Published under Cement News