Laos: 5000tpd plant to be completed by 2018

Laos: 5000tpd plant to be completed by 2018
11 November 2016

Vientiane Hongshi Saythirath Cement Co is due to begin construction on its new 5000tpd dry-process plant in Vientiane’s Hinhuep district, with completion estimated for 2018. The project represents an investment of US$300m.

Vientiane Hongshi Saythirath Cement is owned by China-based Hongshi Holding Group, which holds a 70 per cent share, while Saythirath Group, Laos, commands the remaining 30 per cent.

The new plant will focus its exports on Thailand, with the remainder of supply being sold to the domestic market, in particular of use in government projects. The new capacity is expected to reduce cement imports and create job opportunities.

Vientiane Governor, Vidong Sayasone, advised the company to pay attention during construction to appropriate techniques and the feasibility report, which was completed last year. He urged them to respect Lao regulations and local traditions to complete the project in time.

Published under Cement News