Cement News tagged under: Kigali Cement

RSS feed

Kigali Cement plant auction postponed

26 September 2018, Published under Cement News

The auctioning of Kigali Cement’s plant in Nyarugenge, Rwanda, has been postponed, allowing more time for talks between the involved parties. The sale was being made to allow the company to pay its creditors, Rwanda Enterprise Investment Company (REIC). However, Kigali Cement and REIC have now agreed to hold talks, according to Aloys Bizimana, court baliff in charge of the auction. "We can postpone one, two or three times but we cannot continue [to postpone the auction] forever. We have ...

Kigali Cement plant to go under auction

24 September 2018, Published under Cement News

Kigali Cement plant will again go under the auction hammer tomorrow, Tuesday, when owner Athi River Mining Cement Ltd (ARM) looks to see the plant meet its valuation. Located in Gitikinyoni area of Nyarugenge district of Rwanda, the grinding plant has a cement capacity of 0.1Mta. Bidders failed to meet the valuation of the plant in the previous auction. "The only bid RWF100m (US$113m) and it was rejected because it was far lower then the 70 per cent of the RWF1.27m, the market value of the...

Cimerwa to resume full production in May

23 April 2018, Published under Cement News

Rwanda’s Cimerwa has resumed production after a two-month break for maintenance and upgrade works. This is expected to ease a cement deficit in both Rwanda and Uganda, while also stabilising prices that have recently increased, according to The East African. The company is currently completing post-maintenance tests and aims to begin full production at its 0.6Mta Bugarama facility in May. The upgrade will improve reliability and operational efficiency, according to Bheki Mthembu, CEO, Cim...

Kigali Cement to resume operations

28 February 2018, Published under Cement News

The Rwandan cement market is being keenly contested for and the country's second-largest cement plant at Kigali Cement had to recently suspend operations and lay-off staff, according to All Africa. The ARM Cement owned Kigali Cement plant has a capacity of 100,00t and imports clinker from Tanga in Tanzania, but clinker and coal have been in short supply. "For a couple of years, the company has not been producing on a regular basis and to capacity due to limited availability of clinker from...

ARM acquires full control of Rwandan producer

03 July 2014, Published under Cement News

ARM Cement has completed the acquisition of Kigali Cement, taking full control of the Rwandan producer. ARM Cement, which has held a 35 per cent stake in the company, bought out the remaining 65 per cent stake held by various shareholders to take complete control of the firm. The deal was finalised in April. "We finally acquired a 100 per cent equity stake and full control of our Rwanda grinding plant," a newly released annual report by the company quoted Chairman, Rick Ashley as sayin...