admin
1156 posts
TimePosted 22/08/2006 10:21:19
admin says

Kiln bypass Question 1

Where can I find results and data about sulphur or alkali by-pass system. How does one determine the percentage of bypass considering the feed material and the fuels?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Kiln bypass

There is a lot of data published on alkali bypasses in cement kilns. A good source of information is "Technological problems in pyroprocessing cement clinker: cause and solution", by S Sprung of the Research Institute of the German cement industry, and published by Beton-Verlag. The way to determine the percentage of bypass is to construct a computer model of the particular kiln process and use this model to evaluate scenarios with different percentages of bypass.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Kiln bypass Question 2

I am working out the percentage by-pass required for a large precalciner-preheater kiln for the production of low alkali cement. As the presence of chloride in the raw meal is noted, the volatility of the K2O and Na2O is supposed to increase. Can you provide me some relationship between the increase in the volatility of the alkalis with the increase in Cl content.

admin
1156 posts
admin says

Re: Kiln bypass

There is no absolute relationship between chloride content and alkali volatility. This depends on the other anions present and also the burning zone temperature in your kiln. However, it is possible to say that the presence of chloride will increase the volatility of alkalis.