NCL
2 posts
TimePosted 28/09/2011 16:24:23
NCL says

ID Fan high vibration

Hi...my dear friends..

I would like to ask either you guys encounter the problem for your kiln's id fan? For my plant, id fan vibration did contribute a lot of downtime for our kiln. No matter after short stoppage or long stoppages, we were not able to control the id fan vibration.

Is this contribute by raw meal quality or the impeller itself?? Thanks..

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Ted Krapkat
537 posts
TimePosted 29/09/2011 03:38:22

Re: ID Fan high vibration

Hello NCL,

In my experience, as long as it is well controlled, raw meal quality alone is rarely a major cause of ID fan blade buildups. Buildups of this sort are likely to be due to a change in the moisture content of the dust or gas stream (dew point),  the quantity/mineralogy of the clay component of the dust, or even an increase in the dust load impacting the fan blades... or a combination of one or more of these factors.

Sometimes, simply an increase in the speed of the fan (over its nominal capacity) can increase the frequency of fan blade buildups, due to the increased impact speed between dust particles and blade surface. 

If buildups on the fan blades are not the issue then it could be a problem with the impeller itself.

This paper may be helpful;-

http://www.thomasnet.com/pdf.php?prid=100562

Also there is another article on the subject given in this thread;-

http://www.cemnet.com/cs/forums/thread/2512.aspx

Regards,

Ted.

NCL
2 posts
TimePosted 29/09/2011 14:05:25
NCL says

Re: ID Fan high vibration

Hi Ted..

Thanks a lot for the information provided. Really helpful for me. For my case, the id fan speed is not able to adjust as we are using a drum starter motor ( Due to inverter card failure)We only control the suction via id fan damper.

Based on your experience, Is the cyclone outlet temperature or overdraft of waste gas contribute to this vibration too??