Mike
1 posts
TimePosted 15/06/2007 08:07:43
Mike says

Kiln shell heat radiation recovery

In order to recover the wasted energy of the kiln shell heat radiation I am looking for a good idea to install heat collectors around the kiln shell.

A liquid heat carrier should flow through the collectors and transfer the heat to a heat exchanger. From there the heat can be used for radiators in the administration part of the plant, in service rooms, in the lab etc.

In case of using a heat carrier that can be gasified, a turbine can power a generator for power generation.

Who has experience designing an equipment for the a.m. purpose?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 18/06/2007 15:52:53

Re: Kiln shell heat radiation recovery

I know of no cement plant which is doing this. You must be very careful to ensure that you do not reduce the cooling affect of the atmosphere on the kiln shell. The refractory lining is reliant on the cooling of the shell from the outside to prevent deep ingress if liquids and gases into the lining.

branco
9 posts
TimePosted 22/06/2007 08:58:55
branco says

I happen to be researching into the same topic, see if you can find a book named "Energy Efficiency in the Cement Industry" edited by J.Sirchis (ISBN: 1851665463). You can find a radiative absorber design inside in article,"Utilization of waste heat from the rotary cement kiln" in Second Session.

Saddam Hu
28 posts
TimePosted 18/01/2008 21:54:41
Saddam Hu says

Never try that!!! I know at least three sorts of installation to utilise that. On my own I saw two ones. Two of three brough big problems The rest one was for nothing. Did not utilise at all. As far as I understood you chosed the third one. Check thermodinamic and so called enthalpy - and leave it