Cement man
22 posts
TimePosted 27/04/2008 18:44:22

High freelime and liter weight

Our kiln system is dry with preheater, precalciner, and bypass system. We are facing the problem of high free lime (reached up to 5-6%) although the liter weight is normal and some time higher than normal (between 1200- 1300 gr/lt). Increasing the gas will increase the liter weight and will create grinding problem for the clinker. What do you think the reason of this problem?

Know the answer to this question? Join the community and register for a free guest account to post a reply.

rrbs
10 posts
TimePosted 28/04/2008 13:15:07
rrbs says

Re: High freelime and liter weight

Free lime in clinker is generally controlled by maintaining liter weights. But the problem expressed by you for a gas fired plant seems to be due to basic nature of material, mineralogy, possibly higher free silica etc.If u can shed some more light on the material characteristics then further analysis may be done. What is the rawmeal residue levels and also the PSD of clinker from the crusher? If the rawmix has been corrected properly, pl check the combinability temperature. 

Michael Clark
324 posts
TimePosted 28/04/2008 22:04:56

The most likely reason for this problem is that the lime saturation is higher than can possibly combined in the CSAF quaternary system. This situation can arise particularly with high K2O content in clinker.

Davo
44 posts
TimePosted 02/06/2008 21:33:59
Davo says

Hi Cement man. For fully answering your question about freelime I need to now content of alkalies in your raw mix, LSF, SM, AM of raw mix and type of your fuel you are firing in the kiln, etc. Send me the parameters and I will answer you as soon as possible. 

But 5-6% freelime is most dangerous than high weight liter or grindibility of clinker.

In our plant 5-6% free CaO will be like huge disaster.